    SubjectRe: Binary-only firmware covered by the GPL?
    On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:31:53PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > Well IANAL, but it seems not so cut-n-dried, at least.
    >
    > Firmware is a program that executes on another processor, so no linking
    > is taking place at all. It is analagous to shipping a binary-only
    > program in your initrd, IMO.

    My point in this mail was a bit "besides the main firmware discussion":

    I was not asking whether it's OK to ship this file in the kernel
    sources, I was asking whether the contents of the file is really under
    the GPL as stated in the header of this file if it contains this binary
    code.

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.