SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: swsusp problems [was Re: Your opinion on the merge?]
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> Wow. That cc list is growing. I'm going to trim it since those guys are
> subscribed to LKML or swsusp-devel anyway.
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 11:45, Dumitru Ciobarcianu wrote:
> > Speaking from an swsusp user (not developer) this is the best thing
> > imho. Some people just love eye candy :)
>
> I think it's really important that we have some eye candy. This is going
> to be one of the most visible parts of the kernel, and for some people,
> it's going to be the thing they stare at most of the time when they
> start up/shut down. If we want to help the cause of Linux on the
> desktop, we want it to look good. As long as its within reasonable
> bounds, a small increase in kernel size is worth it, in my opinion.

I'd settle for just having something that worked, in a released kernel.
the patch load I'm carrying around to make most of the hardware in my vaio
work is more of a shambling mound than a source of stability and
goodness...