    SubjectRe: "Enhanced" MD code avaible for review
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 00:42, Scott Long wrote:
    >>Well, code speaks louder than words, as this group loves to say. I
    >>eagerly await your code. Barring that, I eagerly await a technical
    >>argument, rather than an emotional "you're wrong because I'm right"
    > I think that all the arguments for using DM are techinical arguments not
    > emotional ones. oh well.. you're free to write your code I'm free to not
    > use it in my kernels ;)

    Ok, the technical arguments I've heard in favor of the DM approach is
    that it reduces kernel bloat. That fair, and I certainly agree with not
    putting the kitchen sink into the kernel. Our position on EMD is that
    it's a special case because you want to reduce the number of failure
    modes, and that it doesn't contribute in a significant way to the kernel
    size. Your response to that our arguments don't matter since your mind
    is already made up. That's the barrier I'm trying to break through and
    have a techincal discussion on.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.030 / U:10.512 seconds]