    SubjectRe: finding out the value of HZ from userspace
    Hi.

    >>>quality of implementation; for example shell scripts that want to do
    >>>echo 500 > /proc/sys/foo/bar/something_in_HZ
    >>>or /etc/sysctl.conf or ...
    >>>

    >>Then write a simple program already. How hard is it to write a program
    >>that does a sysconf() and returns (as ascii of course) just the
    >>value of HZ? Then do some trivial calculation off of that.
    >

    > How about a slightly more useful utility, like this:
    >
    > $ getconf CLK_TCK
    > 100
    > $ getconf OPEN_MAX
    > 1024
    > $ getconf PATH_MAX /proc/
    > 4096
    > $

    Yes, yes, yes, I like that one actually.

    It does solve the shell script issues and we've never said that things
    don't need to adapt to changes before so I don't see why not now.

    And that one would be good to have regardless of the HZ issue.

    // Stefan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.032 / U:30.224 seconds]