SubjectRe: finding out the value of HZ from userspace
Hi.

>>>quality of implementation; for example shell scripts that want to do
>>>echo 500 > /proc/sys/foo/bar/something_in_HZ
>>>or /etc/sysctl.conf or ...
>>>

>>Then write a simple program already. How hard is it to write a program
>>that does a sysconf() and returns (as ascii of course) just the
>>value of HZ? Then do some trivial calculation off of that.
>

> How about a slightly more useful utility, like this:
>
> $ getconf CLK_TCK
> 100
> $ getconf OPEN_MAX
> 1024
> $ getconf PATH_MAX /proc/
> 4096
> $

Yes, yes, yes, I like that one actually.

It does solve the shell script issues and we've never said that things
don't need to adapt to changes before so I don't see why not now.

And that one would be good to have regardless of the HZ issue.

// Stefan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.430 / U:0.140 seconds]