SubjectRE: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)
Date

Yes, a design review with a period to provide feedback at the design level,
not the code level, would make sense. I don't see how one could argue
against that.

> I surely find this completely unacceptable and any consideration of
> accepting anything the Infiniband group comes up with should be
> postponed until every bit of the design can be reviewed. If bits and
> pieces are accepted prematurely it'll just be "now that this is support
> you have to add this too, otherwise it'll not be useful".

For the IBAL stack, there are numerous documents on the Linux InfiniBand
Project (http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/) describing most everything from
the overall architecture to the APIs. On the project home page is a general
overview of what InfiniBand is, and how it fits into the OS. More detailed
documentation is available there too. Of particular interest to this thread
would be the Access Layer documents. Below are links to documents of
interest.

- The overall software architecture spec is the "Linux SAS", available at
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/LinuxSAS.1.0.1.pdf.
- A presentation describing the IBAL APIs is here:
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/IAL/Access/AlInterface.pdf
- The IBAL high level design is here:
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/IAL/Access/IBA_AL_HLD.pdf
- A user's guide to IBAL is here:
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/IAL/Access/AL_Users_Guide.pdf
- And finally, the API documentation is here:
http://infiniband.sourceforge.net/IAL/Access/IBAL/IBAL_mi.html

HTH,

- Fab

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.070 / U:0.060 seconds]