    SubjectRe: True fsync() in Linux (on IDE)
    Chris Mason wrote:

    >>>Hmmm, is it reiser? For both 2.4 reiserfs and ext3, the flush happens
    >>>when you commit. ext3 always commits on fsync and reiser only commits
    >>>when you've changed metadata.
    >>>

    >>Oh. Yes. This is Reiser, I did not think it is FS issue.
    >>I'll know to stay away from ReiserFS now.
    >>

    >For reiserfs data=ordered should be enough to trigger the needed
    >commits. If not, data=journal. Note that neither fs does barriers for
    >O_SYNC, so we're just not perfect in 2.4.
    >
    >-chris
    >

    >-

    You are not listening to Peter. As I understand it from what Peter says
    and your words, your implementation is wrong, and makes fsync
    meaningless. If so, then you need to fix it. fsync should not be
    meaningless even for metadata only journaling. This is a serious bug
    that needs immediate correction, if Peter and I understand it correctly
    from your words.

    --
    Hans