    SubjectRe: 2.6.5-rc1-aa1
    El Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:49:52 -0500 (EST) Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com> escribió:

    > I suspect the security paranoid will like this patch too,
    > because it allows gnupg to mlock the memory it wants to
    > have locked.

    I think it's good for cd-burning too. Currently most of the distros set
    the suid bit for cdrecord (wich implies some security bugs). You can
    workaround that by changing the devide node's permissions and kill the suid bit:
    brw-rw---- 1 root burning 22, 0 2003-05-23 16:41 /dev/cd-rw

    but still cdrecord will cry:
    cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
    cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.

    With that patch desktop users will be able to burn cds without falling into
    buffer underruns and without using the suid hack, I guess? Nice work :)

    Diego Calleja

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.029 / U:150.052 seconds]