    SubjectRe: deactivate dm disks?
    > > I was playing with evms (2.2 kernel 2.6.3 vanilla) and some reason, it
    > > grabbed my usb disk (sde) and won't let go of it. Is there any way I can
    > > make it let go of the disk? It grabbed sde1 and sde2 of the disk.
    > You can put entries in your /etc/evms.conf file to tell EVMS to ignore certain
    > disks (e.g. if you don't want it to examine sde). See the "legacy_devices"
    > section (for 2.4 kernels) and/or the "sysfs_devices" section (for 2.6
    > kernels).

    Ok, great, that works.

    > > I tried the deactivate which just gave me an invalid argument. I really do
    > > not wish to reboot this machine just to remove the usb disk.
    > If you have the "dmsetup" tool, you can issue a "dmsetup remove_all" command
    > to deactivate all the DM devices. Just make sure all the DM devices are
    > unmounted, or it won't actually release the underlying disks. Dmsetup is part
    > of the device-mapper package, available at

    Ahh, thanks. That did the trick.

    > > I also noticed it wanted to grab my partitions on sda which were already
    > > mounted and couldn't grab them.
    > Again, you can add an "exclude" entry in your /etc/evms.conf if you want EVMS
    > to ignore sda. Otherwise, have a look at

    I think I'll only give it disks that I want in evms. The "sde" is a USB
    disk that I move around alot.

    If you're not the right person to ask, please direct me to someone else.
    I was going to do a raid5 across a few disks (this is in the future not
    now). Is there any way to add disks to that raid5 using evms?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.047 / U:111.260 seconds]