SubjectRe: 3-order allocation failed with cdda2wav
    Hi Jens :)

* Jens Axboe <> dixit:
> > Maybe a cdda2wav problem? Kernel problem?
> You can ignore the messages, but yeah I know they are annoying...

If I can safely ignore them, the only problem is the waste of
sectors for my /var/log/messages ;))) Men, you've answered REAL fast
;))) Thanks a lot :)

> > In addition to this problem, I have another one, this time
> > related with interfaces: if I use the SCSI generic interface with
> > cdda2wav, it runs without problems (well, except that noted above)
> > but uses a lot of CPU (up to 60%), so I tested with cooked_ioctl
> > interface, and then the CPU use drops to 4% but I got two error
> > messages about CDIOCSETCDDA not available, but the allocation problem
> > Any help? Thanks in advance :)
> Upgrade to 2.6.5-rc1, it'll solve all your problems in this area :-)

Thanks for the advice :) I'm planning to switch to 2.6.x, but
first I must make a list with all software I must upgrade together
with the kernel. Moreover, I had in mind switching at 2.6.10.

Thanks a lot for answering so fast and for the advice :))

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

Linux Registered User 88736 &