    SubjectMultiport Serial Device Support - Exar XR17L154
    I apologize for the repost but it seems that my original message ( ) appeared without the body....

    I have failed to find reference to this particular
    device anywhere beside Exar:

    [1] Exar XR17L154
    Note: The page indicates that "A Linux driver is also available.", but I
    can't seem to get my hands on it. ( Does anyone have it by chance? )

    [2] System:
    PC104 / Intel PIIX Compatible
    16MB CompactFlash
    Celeron 1.2Ghz @ 800Mhz
    2.4.25 / 2.6.3

    I have noted support for the Exar ST16C555/XR16... in char/serial.c,
    however, the XR17L154 differs in that it has a 32 bit interface ( linear
    addressing ) with all 4 UARTs on the same IRQ. My attempts to have the
    kernel recognize the device have failed.

    Is there a chance of having this device work under the stock kernel (
    2.4.25 )?

    If not, can someone suggest an existing multiport driver which could serve
    as a reasonable starting point for development by a kernel newbie?

    TIA, greatly appreciated.

    p.s. Please CC in replies as I am not subscribed.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.020 / U:55.880 seconds]