SubjectMultiport Serial Device Support - Exar XR17L154
I apologize for the repost but it seems that my original message ( ) appeared without the body....

I have failed to find reference to this particular
device anywhere beside Exar:

[1] Exar XR17L154
Note: The page indicates that "A Linux driver is also available.", but I
can't seem to get my hands on it. ( Does anyone have it by chance? )

[2] System:
PC104 / Intel PIIX Compatible
16MB CompactFlash
Celeron 1.2Ghz @ 800Mhz
2.4.25 / 2.6.3

I have noted support for the Exar ST16C555/XR16... in char/serial.c,
however, the XR17L154 differs in that it has a 32 bit interface ( linear
addressing ) with all 4 UARTs on the same IRQ. My attempts to have the
kernel recognize the device have failed.

Is there a chance of having this device work under the stock kernel (
2.4.25 )?

If not, can someone suggest an existing multiport driver which could serve
as a reasonable starting point for development by a kernel newbie?

TIA, greatly appreciated.

p.s. Please CC in replies as I am not subscribed.