    SubjectRe: Dealing with swsusp vs. pmdisk

    > - Freezer hooks (I can easily get suspend2 working with the old freezer
    > until people are convinced it's not up to the task). This accounts for
    > the vast majority of those file changes.

    It would be nice if you did that as a first step indeed. I'm personally
    not convinced of the usefullness of having a freezer at all ;)

    > - Changes in vmscan to separate out freeing a single LRU page. When
    > reading/writing an image, suspend shots down pages added to the LRU list
    > as a result of it's activities, so as to keep the contents of the LRU
    > the same as at the start of the cycle. I reckon this might be done by
    > stopping the pages from being added to the LRU in the first place, but
    > haven't gotten around to asking whether this can be safely done. (The
    > current method works, so I haven't made it a priority before now). Short
    > summary: I freely admit this is ugly and could be done less invasively,
    > especially with help from some of the MM guys.
    > - I still have to get the console stuff using file descriptors for I/O
    > rather than direct calls; I have code there, but it's not being used yet
    > because it worked and then got broken. (Shouldn't take much to fix).

    Some of the "guard" code you added to the filesystem is scary too..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.412 / U:5.144 seconds]