SubjectRe: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)
On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:07:13PM -0800, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:

> The Mellanox and Topspin folks along with some people from some of
> the national labs are trying to start up a website called openib.org,
> with data bases, email lists, etc. where people can submit code for
> this "best of breed" stack and discuss it. As long as it is truly
> open, the linux community is allowed to participate, and the code
> is evaluated on it's technical merits, rather than one companies
> personal agenda, this forum might serve as a way for us to sort
> through this without taking every issue to lkml.
>
> What are your thoughts on how we should proceed ?

I think you need to work with the openib.org people as they seem to
have:
- working code with support for a number of different devices
- developers with extensive kernel programming experience
working on cleaning up the code to fit properly into the
kernel tree.
- their code showing up in at least one distro which will expose
them to a much wider range of testing than Intel's project so
far has had.

So it seems that you really need to work with them if you wish to get
your code merged into theirs, as theirs already seems to be an almost
complete solution...

Good luck,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.074 / U:0.124 seconds]