    SubjectRe: (0 == foo), rather than (foo == 0)
    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Chris Johns wrote:

    > Just to throw a little more gas on this particular fire (or maybe
    > some water, depending on your point of view), when I worked for a while
    > at the Evil Empire, the "const == variable" comparison was mandatory in
    > the group I worked in. Odd to look at initially, I'll admit, but it
    > still caught
    > several potential bugs. One other thing that was mandatory was to
    > set to NULL any pointer to memory area that was freed immediately after
    > freeing it. Again, a good idea, although not a coding style issue.
    >
    > Chris

    Well I'll take it as being proof that forcing a particular style
    doesn't help make bug-free code since it didn't help Microsoft.

    I'll bet that Microsoft has more bugs per KLOC than any other
    software, ever. It is a formidable challenge to make software
    that will beat it in that area. You really need to try. You
    need to be cunning enough to get it through the compile-stage.
    It's an art.

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version 2.4.24 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.021 / U:31.044 seconds]