    SubjectRe: anon_vma RFC2
    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > it's more complicated because it's more finegrined and it can handle
    > mremap too. I mean, the additional cost of tracking the vmas payoffs
    > because then we've a tiny list of vma to search for every page,
    > otherwise with the mm-wide model we'd need to search all of the vmas in
    > a mm.

    Actually, with the code Rajesh is working on there's
    no search problem with Hugh's idea.

    Considering the fact that we'll need Rajesh's code
    anyway, to deal with Ingo's test program and the real
    world programs that do similar things, I don't see how
    your objection to Hugh's code is still valid.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.021 / U:58.880 seconds]