Date writes:
>> As a result, using the former just tends to increase peoples
>> confusion by making code harder to read, which in turn tends
>> to increase the chance of bugs.
>Kindly don't insult the kernel developers' with such statements. ;-)
>They are smart enough to understand such constructs [...]

It's not about intelligence! It's about the nature of human visual
pattern-matching. Reading a pattern is always easier when you've seen
it thousands of times before.

Henry Spencer's dictum about brace style seems particularly apropos:

8. Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy
fellow man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest
it not, for thy creativity is better used in solving problems than
in creating beautiful new impediments to understanding.

And that's what "0 == foo" is: an impediment to understanding.
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K