    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?
    Karol Kozimor wrote:
    > Thus wrote Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
    > Right, but the point is that while 2.6 has such an infrastructure, its
    > introduction actually completely broke UHCI suspend / resume.
    >
    >>>There's also a great deal of people, who can't resume when AGP is being
    >>>used -- that is again a regression over 2.4.
    >>
    >>There haven't been a regression in the AGP drivers themselves afaik.
    >
    > Which, again, leads us to conclusion that it was the driver model change
    > that broke that.
    >
    > I'm not trying to criticize the driver model itself (I'm sure others have
    > already done enough), but merely to emphasize that 2.6 is not yet ready for
    > laptop users.

    ...and it's pretty obvious that it'll never be unless it's
    fixed. Its kinda frustrating this agp resume thing keeps holding swsusp2
    back -- everything else works (on my laptop at least).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.022 / U:31.960 seconds]