SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?
Karol Kozimor wrote:
> Thus wrote Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
> Right, but the point is that while 2.6 has such an infrastructure, its
> introduction actually completely broke UHCI suspend / resume.
>
>>>There's also a great deal of people, who can't resume when AGP is being
>>>used -- that is again a regression over 2.4.
>>
>>There haven't been a regression in the AGP drivers themselves afaik.
>
> Which, again, leads us to conclusion that it was the driver model change
> that broke that.
>
> I'm not trying to criticize the driver model itself (I'm sure others have
> already done enough), but merely to emphasize that 2.6 is not yet ready for
> laptop users.

...and it's pretty obvious that it'll never be unless it's
fixed. Its kinda frustrating this agp resume thing keeps holding swsusp2
back -- everything else works (on my laptop at least).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.095 / U:0.520 seconds]