    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?
    Thus wrote Benjamin Herrenschmidt:
    > > USB UHCI driver could be a fine example of a regression -- it could survive
    > > suspend in 2.4 under certain conditions, this is no longer true for 2.6.
    > >
    > > There's also a great deal of people, who can't resume when AGP is being
    > > used -- that is again a regression over 2.4.
    > >
    > > The above are major showstoppers for most laptop users that already got
    > > used to stable and reliable swsusp and hence prefer to stick with 2.4.
    > Oh... and what about looking into the problem instead and adding/fixing
    > the necessary stuff ? It's not _that_ rocket science (and I have no
    > UHCI hardware to do it myself, thanks).

    Well, the AGP problem is black magic to me. Those hangs / reboots happen
    during the copying of the original kernel back (when S4 is concerned) and
    that's completely beyond me, sorry.

    I did try to look into the USB problem back then, but again, I couldn't
    find anything significantly different between 2.4 and 2.6, so I backed out.
    Anyway, you're still right about that one should fix it instead of
    Best regards,

    Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.021 / U:124.488 seconds]