    SubjectAbout Replaceable OOM Killer
    Hi,

    When a system runs out of memory (OOM), the Linux OOM killer
    makes a best effort guess
    at which program is being excessive about its memory usage.
    Unfortunately it isn't always correct
    especially on embedded systems.

    I noticed that there was a person proposed an idea to replace
    the default
    kernel OOM with a module in CGL discussion, and he also gave out a patch
    for 2.6.0-pre11,
    which can be found at http://www.rossfell.co.uk/~rickp/oom/.

    How about your idea on the proposal? Any comments are welcome!

    Thanks
    Guo Min
    The content of this email message solely contains my own personal views,
    and not those of my employer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.020 / U:34.716 seconds]