SubjectAbout Replaceable OOM Killer

When a system runs out of memory (OOM), the Linux OOM killer
makes a best effort guess
at which program is being excessive about its memory usage.
Unfortunately it isn't always correct
especially on embedded systems.

I noticed that there was a person proposed an idea to replace
the default
kernel OOM with a module in CGL discussion, and he also gave out a patch
for 2.6.0-pre11,
which can be found at

How about your idea on the proposal? Any comments are welcome!

Guo Min
The content of this email message solely contains my own personal views,
and not those of my employer.