    SubjectRe: ext3 on raid5 failure
    Theodore Ts'o wrote:

    > Was it just the permissions screwy? Was the contents of these files
    > with the "funny" permission sane, or did they contain garbage? What
    > about the modtime of the files?

    Only permissions. Something like r-Sr-S--- . File contents were OK.

    > The question is whether the problems you are seeing seem to be caused
    > by wholesale corruption of an entire block of the inode table, or is
    > some other kind of problem. For example, if only the permissions are
    > getting screwed up, when the rest of the inode data is correct, then
    > yes, it would most likely be a filesystem bug. I haven't noticed any
    > such problem myself, but it's possible that something like that might
    > be going on. On the other hand, if it is an entire block in the inode
    > table getting corrupted then I'd be less likely to presume it to be a
    > filesystem flaw.

    It looks like this only appeared once. The FS looks fine now. So I guess
    I won't be able to reproduce it. Let's just go to 2.6.[23] and see if
    it happens again.

    Regards,

    Bas.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:31.732 seconds]