SubjectRe: could someone plz explain those ext3/hard disk errors
hi,

thanks for your anwser!

> It could be power surges. Hard disks are very sensitive to that.
>
> Also have you run fsck on these disks ? could it be that you are not
> shutting them down properly?

i'm using an enermax 550W PSU attached to a APC UPS, at the moment there are 10 disks and 1 cdrom in the server.
the server is usually running 24/7 but i had some crashes within the last weeks due to hard disk failures so it might be possible that the other disks were affected. i don't dare to fsck the disks now because i couldn't backup the data yet (no spare disks) and i have lost too much data because of fsck'ing my hard disks in the past.

JG

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.159 / U:0.052 seconds]