    SubjectRe: psmouse.c, throwing 3 bytes away
    Date
    I am not sure but patch-2.6.2-bk1.tar.gz has not produce the mouse problems. I
    applied it about 14 hours ago. I have no seen any mouse problems. I noticed
    that there was a possible fix for loosing ticks in it?

    Walt

    On Thursday 05 February 2004 11:15 pm, Mike Houston wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:10:27 -0500
    >
    > Mike Houston <mikeserv@bmts.com> wrote:
    > > I am using ACPI and IO-APIC. Next time my mouse acts up, I will consider
    > > trying 2.6.2 without ACPI and IO-APIC (though I'd hate to lose that
    > > functionality). Trouble is it might take a long time for the mouse glitch
    > > to occur.
    >
    > Ok, shortly after posting earlier today, it did indeed happen again with
    > 2.6.2. I was just clicking on mails in my sylpheed client. There wasn't
    > much load, I wasn't doing anything but reading mails.
    >
    > So I built another 2.6.2 with acpi and io-apic disabled and ran it for
    > about 5 hours and the problem reoccurred. I was just chatting on IRC and
    > moved my mouse and it happened. Again, I was doing nothing else so load
    > wasn't a factor.
    >
    > psmouse.c: MX Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing
    > 2 bytes away.
    >
    > Gee whiz, it just happened again while composing this mail :-)
    >
    > So it doesn't have anything to do with acpi, or being under load for that
    > matter, on my system, anyway.
    >
    > Mike
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.032 / U:120.776 seconds]