    SubjectRe: PATCH - ext2fs privacy (i.e. secure deletion) patch

    > But what happens when the 'setgid' bit is put on a directory? At least
    > in 2.4 existing files do NOT get the group set, only files newly
    > created. So unless someone feels that's a bug which needs immediate
    > fixing, I can point to it as a model by which the feature could be
    > practically implemented.
    >
    > Comment?

    So the proposal is specifically:

    if a directory has its chattr 's' "bit" set, then all newly created
    files within that directory inherit the chattr 's' "bit".

    Personally, I think that extends beyond simply privacy protection, and
    addresses how chattr values are handled by the file system. Privacy
    protection wouldn't affect the way in which the chattr values are
    handled, so if they are inherited through directories then fine... but I
    don't see this as specific to secure deletion.

    --gq

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:60.660 seconds]