SubjectRe: Active Memory Defragmentation: Our implementation & problems

--- Dave Hansen <> wrote:
> The "work until we get interrupted and restart if
> something changes
> state" approach is very, very common. Can you give
> some more examples
> of just how a page fault would ruin the defrag
> process?

What I mean to say is that if we have identified some
pages for movement, & we get preempted, the pages
identified as movable may not remain movable any more
when we are rescheduled. We are left with the task of
identifying new movable pages.

Do you Yahoo!?