SubjectRe: 2.6.0, cdrom still showing directories after being erased
Quote from mru@kth.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=):
> John Bradford <john@grabjohn.com> writes:
>
> >> That's not what he said and, I assure you that if he unmounted
> >> it there would not be any buffers to flush. Execute `man umount`.
> >
> > I think the original poster was referring to the cache on the device.
> >
> > I.E.
> >
> > mount disc
> > view contents
> > unmount disc
> > erase disc - but don't erase the CD-R drive's cache of the media
> > mount disc
> > view old contents of the media from the CD-R drive's cache
>
> If that's the case, the drive is broken. We can't help that.

Is it actually a requirement for drives to support anything other than
a full erase properly? Is the 'fast' erase valid per spec, or does it
just happen to work on 99% of devices? Is this problem reproducable
if a full erase is done instead of a fast erase?

I've added the original poster to the CC list.

John.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.070 / U:0.316 seconds]