SubjectRe: Mobile Intel Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.60GHz - kernel 2.6.3
Same box, same problem. (Different kernel, 2.4) Its thermal limiting -
you -really- want cpufreq (or at least acpi) so that linux knows whats
going on. I've found that running 'i8kfan 2 2' (blast fans), hit fn-z
(tell bios to reset fans) and then setting the fans to 1 1 (medium) will
keep it from happening, much of the time.

Alternately, just fn-z might do it, but it'll kick in again..

(Basically, the cooling on this thing sucks under heavy workloads.)

--
Disconnect <lkml@sigkill.net>