SubjectRe: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:05:32AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> >
> > If we take the vendor persåective here. Then why should they make their
> > driver open source, when the middle layer is not part of the
> > main stream kernel?
>
> And why should we take the vendor perspective?

The people developing Inifiband support ask for a review.
And to me it looks too easy to say "no open source driver", so
do not expect a review. Everything is voluntary of course.

Inclusion in the kernel is for me a different matter.

> We don't add drivers for stuff that doesn't exist, and is not even likely
> to be used much. That way, when problems occur (and they _will_ occur),
> the burden of the crap will be firmly on the shoulders of the people who
> should care.

Yep, agree on that - but does not conflict when what I meant to say.

Sam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.040 / U:1.624 seconds]