SubjectRe: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)

> >I'm sure infinibad will be inetresting once htere are
> >actual hardware driver.s However, I'm not aware of any
> >open source drivers in existnace now, so what good is
> >a stack ?
> >

> Chicken and egg. If infiniband has some significant value, it would be
> in everyone's favor if we took the initiative.

If we take the vendor persåective here. Then why should they make their
driver open source, when the middle layer is not part of the
main stream kernel?

So short-term I beleive the
"no open source drivers => no interest in IBAL"
is a bit to fast a conclusion.

Let's anyway see what they have, and give them feedback.
Based on the comments I have seen so far there is
a good chance to see open source drivers before IBAL is
considered ready for main stream kernel.

Sam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.066 / U:0.376 seconds]