SubjectRe: Split kgdb into "lite" and "normal" parts
Date
On Wednesday 25 Feb 2004 5:38 am, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > I'll try to import kgdb into quilt to make working with it
> > > easier. [But don't expect miracles.]
> >
> > Just let us know what it takes to do so. :)
>
> This is what I did to get it under quilt. (Then, patches directory
> should be put under CVS and replace what we have in the CVS now).

Quilt is a great tool!

I follow a slightly different procedure.
I manually copy files from patches directory to cvs tree and back.

I trash my tree too many times, perhaps because I am new to quilt. Above
procedure saves my cvs tree. While cvs is meant for precisely this purpose
(save repository in a separate place where it can't be trashed), cvs sync can
take a long time when done over internet.

-Amit

> root@amd:/usr/src# cp -a clean.2.5/ linux-mm
> root@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm# exit
> pavel@amd:/usr/src$ cd linux-mm
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir patches
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir txt
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ mkdir .pc
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n core-lite
> ~/sf/kgdb-2/core-lite.patch Importing patch core-lite (stored as
> patches/core-lite)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n i386-lite
> ~/sf/kgdb-2/i386-lite.patch Importing patch i386-lite (stored as
> patches/i386-lite)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n 8250 ~/sf/kgdb-2/8250.patch
> Importing patch 8250 (stored as patches/8250)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n x86_64
> ~/sf/kgdb-2/x86_64.patch Importing patch x86_64 (stored as patches/x86_64)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n ppc ~/sf/kgdb-2/ppc.patch
> Importing patch ppc (stored as patches/ppc)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n core ~/sf/kgdb-2/core.patch
> Importing patch core (stored as patches/core)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n i386 ~/sf/kgdb-2/i386.patch
> Importing patch i386 (stored as patches/i386)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt import -n eth ~/sf/kgdb-2/eth.patch
> Importing patch eth (stored as patches/eth)
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$
>
> At this point project is controlled with quilt. If I do
>
> pavel@amd:/usr/src/linux-mm$ quilt push 5
> Applying eth
>
> It applies all -lite patches and non-conflicting patches. I can modify
> them as I wish. At the end I need to do quilt refresh <whatever patch
> I changed>.
>
> If I wanted my changes to go into the non-lite version, instead, I'd
> have to begin with quilt push 7.

> > > Hmm, I'm not allowed to use bt :-(.
> >
> > You can look at it all via the web 'tho. There's nothing to agree to,
> > to view the web page :)
>
> Well, I took a look at the web page, but could not find all the
> kgdb-related changes easily...
> Pavel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.045 / U:1.548 seconds]