    SubjectRe: network / performance problems

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:
    > >
    > > more graphs, and more graphs.
    > >
    > > http://depot.mtholyoke.edu:8080/tmp/must-mhc/2002-02-23_17:00/
    >
    > ...and another graph to follow up. Same setup, but now running
    > 2.4.20. Looks much better.
    >
    > http://depot.mtholyoke.edu:8080/tmp/must-mhc/2002-02-23_23:00/

    And a follow up to the follow up. Things have stabilized long enough now
    that the trend appears real.

    http://depot.mtholyoke.edu:8080/tmp/must-mhc/2002-02-24_8:40/

    Was it Mark Twain who said that interpolation is like standing on the
    south side of a cliff and walking north because the ground has been flat
    so far?

    I've also added some graphs of must monitoring mist (which is the machine
    I actually care about the most right now). Mist ping latencies are
    predictably on the upswing again. I'll likely be rebooting soon.

    http://depot.mtholyoke.edu:8080/tmp/must-mist/2002-02-24_8:40/