SubjectAntwort: Re: distinguish two identical network cards

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> If its physically identifying the cards that you want,
> then you can use 'ethtool' for it. ' -p ' option of
> ethtool will help you physically identify the cards.

unfortunatelly, it doesn't help. I want to know the physical location of the
NIC, because I have to configure, e.g., the lower NIC should be eth0 and the
upper one eth1 (or vice versa).

Kind regards,
Andreas Hartmann

> > Hello!
> >
> > I've got a little problem with XSeries machines, containing two identical
> > builtin Broadcom NIC's. Is there any chance to get some information, which
> > one of the two cards is the upper, and which one is the lower card?
> > I need this information, because I want to install a lot of these machines
> > automatically.
> >

> > Thank you for every hint,
> > kind regards,
> > Andreas Hartmann
> >

> > -
>
> --
> HomePage: http://puggy.symonds.net/~krishnakumar

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Andreas Hartmann

Fiducia IT AG
SYTSM
Ottostraße 22a
D-76227 Karlsruhe
Telefon +49 (0) 721 4004-5144
andreas.hartmann@fiducia.de
www.fiducia.de

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.032 / U:0.076 seconds]