Subject2.6.2 issues (IPSec+NAT, RFC2684 bridge)
Hi!

Here is a list of minor issues I encountered when migrated my AMD64
machine to 2.6.2 kernel (64-bit).

1) Attempts to combine IPSec and NAT result in various kinds of
failures. The easiest to reproduce is reliable hard system lock-up when
IKE session needs to be initiated because of request from masqueraded
machine.
(workaround is to run cron job keeping IPSec connection active)

2) I had to add following line to my routing rules to get IPSec working
locally:
--
route add -m 172.20.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 172.21.113.1
--

3) RFC2684 bridge oopses when I try to run it with my ATM device
(SpeedTouch USB) not plugged.

4) My attempts to use preemptable kernel failed miserably. Kernel
produces lots of warnings during boot and usually oopses before system
init finishes. If I disable RFC2684 bridge it successfully boots more
often, but attempts to do any big work, for example to start X fail in
any case.
(workaround is to build non-preeptable kernel, bad for multimedia
applications, but tolerable)

If there is interest, I may provide as much information as required to
resolve the problems.

But in general, 2.6.2 kernel works great. When I find a way to work
around hard system lockups when NPTL is used in combination with NVIDIA
XFree drivers I'll be totally happy.

Nickolay Samofatov

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.037 / U:0.248 seconds]