    SubjectRe: network / performance problems

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:

    > I rebooted. I set the BIOS to not run hyperthreaded, to see if that has
    > any effect. Now wait...

    Turning hyperthreading off hasn't helped. Ping response times are still
    slowly increasing.

    I just put up another set of graphs that might be the most interesting

    They show depot, a very lightly used machine, monitoring itself, running
    e1000, then being rebooted to use a new kernel with ACPI support, then
    having the e1000 module swapped out for the bcm7500 module (switch back to
    built in NIC). Reboot brought response times down to almost
    zero. Switching module/NIC had no effect at all.

    Does anyone have any ideas of things they'd like me to try? My
    imagination is running dry. I have non-production 2650's and beige boxes
    I can try stuff on.

    Ron Peterson
    Network & Systems Manager
    Mount Holyoke College

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.018 / U:27.924 seconds]