SubjectRe: GFS requirements (was: Non-GPL export of invalidate_mmap_range)
On 2004-02-21T14:09:13,
Daniel Phillips <phillips@arcor.de> said:

> But the one true clustering infrastructure hasn't been developed yet.

Yes.

> from being able to define that sensibly now. It's better to implement
> exactly what a given DFS needs for the time being.

Right.

> > So, how does OpenGFS/GFS achieve the communication? How does it
> > interact with the infrastructure (which, I infere from your above
> > comments, is meant to reside in user-space)?
> It's done both ways, actually. No new kernel hooks are used in either
> case.

That doesn't answer my question how you are doing the user-space /
kernel communication ;-)

And will the user-space infrastructure to go with GFS be open source
too? Questions over questions.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs | try again. fail again. fail better.