    SubjectRe: GFS requirements (was: Non-GPL export of invalidate_mmap_range)
    On 2004-02-21T14:09:13,
    Daniel Phillips <> said:

    > But the one true clustering infrastructure hasn't been developed yet.

    > from being able to define that sensibly now. It's better to implement
    > exactly what a given DFS needs for the time being.

    > > So, how does OpenGFS/GFS achieve the communication? How does it
    > > interact with the infrastructure (which, I infere from your above
    > > comments, is meant to reside in user-space)?
    > It's done both ways, actually. No new kernel hooks are used in either
    > case.

    That doesn't answer my question how you are doing the user-space /
    kernel communication ;-)

    And will the user-space infrastructure to go with GFS be open source
    too? Questions over questions.

    Lars Marowsky-Brée <>

    High Availability & Clustering \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
    SUSE Labs | try again. fail again. fail better.
    Research & Development, SUSE LINUX AG \ -- Samuel Beckett

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.024 / U:0.028 seconds]