SubjectRe: Oops with 2.6.2-rc3
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 22:14, Jeremy Andrews wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is the text from a series of four Oops that ultimately locked up my computer. This is a new server that I've been having trouble getting stable for the past week -- this is the first Oops I've managed to capture. It's a 2.6.2-rc3 kernel compiled/running on Fedora Core 1 on a P4. (I've not tried an -mm kernel yet, I'll try that soon. I'm also thinking the stock gcc 3.3.2 may be problematic...?)
>
> The computer seems to crash once or twice a day -- always a hard freeze requiring that I press the reset button to reboot. I have not found a pattern -- during this crash I had the Gnome desktop up and I was balancing my checkbook with GnuCash.
>
> The server has 1GB of RAM, so I originally enabled HIGHMEM (as the boot messages recommend), but this made the system even more unstable, freezing every couple of hours. As you can see in the attached .config, HIGHMEM is no longer enabled (and was not when this crash occured). Running memtest86 for several hours did not turn up any memory errors.
>
> It may be a problem with how I've configured my kernel, but I've tried to be careful. Relevant information is below and attached.
>
> Kernel version:
> Linux papaya 2.6.2-rc3 #2 Sat Jan 31 22:15:02 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[..snip..]
I heard that the PREEMPT is causing problems, earlier, try without
CONFIG_PREEMPT

Could you please describe what the server is serving (router or
something else?)

I had that kind of problem with my router back in 2.6.0-test, I don't
know if it's fixed yet.

Markus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.094 / U:0.284 seconds]