SubjectRe: oops with 2.6.1-rc1 and rc-3
>> handlers:
>> [<c02a6b50>] (ide_intr+0x0/0x190)
>> [<c03248c0>] (snd_intel8x0_interrupt+0x0/0x210)
>> Disabling IRQ #11
>> irq 11: nobody cared!

> If you find that it goes away when you boot with pci=noacpi, or
> > acpi=off, then it is likely an ACPI issue -- otherwise it is likely
> > something else -- so give those a try and let me know.
> Ok, I tried rc3 without acpi compiled in, and yes, it booted. So I guess
> acpi is really breaking up stuff. If you want me to test patches, let me
> know.

Need more info before sending you test patches, please open up a new bug
report and put the info there: Category: Power Management, Component: ACPI

For the same (ACPI enabled) kernel, both with and without "acpi=off",
please attach

dmesg -s40000 output (or serial console log if dmesg unavailable)
If you can run the latest release, and clarify which release this last
worked properly in, that would be helpful.

Also, please attach the output from acpidmp, available in /usr/sbin/, or
in pmtools:

Please attach the output from dmidecode, available in /usr/sbin/, or

and attach a copy of your .config