SubjectRe: Which interface: sysfs, proc, devfs?
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:25:14 -0800
Greg KH <> wrote:

> Yet you want to do asynchronous support with sysfs? How would that
> work?
> What kind of device are you writing a driver for?

It is not firmware uploading only. Once the firmware is uploaded, I will
communicate with that device. It is a ezusb microcontroller controlling
several relais, adc and dac.

> For firmware only download type devices, I'd really recommend sticking
> with libusb, unless you have to. It's much easier that way.

Yepp, there's already a tool using libusb (fx2 programmer) for my chip
which I indeed would use if I only wanted to download the firmware...

PS: CC me.