    SubjectRe: 2.6.3-mm1
    On Wed, 02/18/04 at 12:52:27 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Brandon Low <> wrote:
    > >
    > > but if people are depending on that support to stay
    > > in a stable kernel and are developing based on it and don't have the
    > > time to learn dm or dmcrypto and redesign whatever may need redesigning
    > > to use it, it strikes me as rude to pull that support.
    > This is actually an argument for removing cryptolooop. People are
    > developing against a crypto infrastructure which has well-known weaknesses.
    > Pulling it out is an excellent way of communicating this fact. Right now,
    > we're just deluding people.

    Unfortunately, you have a valid point... I don't like it, because it
    means work for me, but it is a valid point...

    I am just reading up on dm now, but correct me if I am wrong, I will
    need to do losetup, dmcreate, mount in that order in order to use
    dmcrypt on loop where with cryptoloop, I could just do "mount"... there
    must be an easier way to handle this!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.019 / U:2.056 seconds]