SubjectRe: Oopsing cryptoapi (or loop device?) on 2.6.*
Jan Rychter wrote:
> Jari> File backed loops have hard to fix re-entry problem: GFP_NOFS
> Jari> memory allocations that cause dirty pages to written out to file
> Jari> backed loop, will have to re-enter the file system anyway to
> Jari> complete the write. This causes deadlocks. Same deadlocks are
> Jari> there in mainline loop+cryptoloop combo.
>
> I have used cryptoapi (as modules) for the last 2 years (or so) now,
> without encountering any problems whatsoever. I therefore beg to differ:
> if the same deadlocks are there, then for some reason they are not
> triggered on my machine. Two years versus an hour, that's a rather
> significant difference in terms of reliability.

Do you mind doing a a quick grep:

cd /path/to/your/kernel/source
grep "Jari Ruusu" drivers/block/loop.c

If you see my name there, your kerneli.org cryptoapi enabled kernel is
running same loop code I wrote years ago. Those loop-jari-something patches
that you find on the net, are just copies of old loop-AES code.

--
Jari Ruusu 1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9 DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD