SubjectRe: radeon warning on 64-bit platforms
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 04:51:24PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:

> Anton> A small thing, could the comment be constrained to 80
> Anton> columns? :)
>
> I don't really see the point of that, given that pretty much all
> existing Linux source code is formatted for 100 columns. I don't feel
> strongly about it, however, so I changed it.

Um, only your crap. Everybody else follows Documentation/CodingStyle.
This is mentioned in a couple of places:

Now, some people will claim that having 8-character indentations makes
the code move too far to the right, and makes it hard to read on a
80-character terminal screen. The answer to that is that if you need
more than 3 levels of indentation, you're screwed anyway, and should fix
your program.

Functions should be short and sweet, and do just one thing. They should
fit on one or two screenfuls of text (the ISO/ANSI screen size is 80x24,
as we all know), and do one thing and do that well.

I wish the ia64 code weren't indented to 100 columns. It's why I hate
working with your code.