    SubjectRe: 2.6.2 Kernel Badness with 1.0-5336 NVIDIA driver
    Date
    Indeed it shows up on my /var/log/messages* on two other occasions without
    hanging the system then. _But_ I had 5328 then. At least this badness shows
    up through 5328 and 5336, if that could provide a pointer to somebody (NVIDIA
    are you listening?)...

    On Tuesday 17 February 2004 12:31 pm, Thomas Weich wrote:
    > I had the same problems with NVidia 1.0-5336 but there was no hint
    > in /var/log/* that the NVidia driver caused the freeze. It wasn't necessary
    > that X was running, loading the nvidia Module was sufficient to freeze the
    > complete system after an unspecified amount of time.
    >
    > For me, it worked to use the 1.0-5328 version with patches from
    > www.minion.de. Since then, everything is working without problems.
    >
    > I'm not on the list.
    >
    > Thomas
    >
    > > I checked it. "RenderAccel" is not set.
    > > Maybe FW and SBA have something to do with it, but that's just a guess.
    > > Thanks.

    > > > [snip]
    > > >
    > > > Please first check to see if /etc/X11/XF86Config or
    > > > /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 contains the string:
    > > >
    > > > Option "RenderAccel" "1"
    > > >
    > > > If it does, either remove the line or replace it with:
    > > >
    > > > Option "RenderAccel" "0"
    > > >
    > > > Render acceleration is still not working with the proprietary driver.
    > > > I'm not saying it's definitely this, it just might not be related to
    > > > the messages in syslog.
    > > >
    > > > I occasionally see these badness messages in syslog, but my machine
    > > > never locks up. I was under the impression that these were only
    > > > warnings.
    > >
    > > -
    > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
    > > in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.028 / U:29.352 seconds]