    SubjectEISA & sysfs.
    I'm somewhat puzzled about the case where we have a driver
    that can work on EISA bus, as well as others, when modprobe'd on
    a system that doesn't have an EISA bus.

    It seems we do a probe really early on to see if we actually
    have an eisa bus, but if a driver later calls eisa_driver_register()
    we still do lots of hoop jumping through sysfs/kobjects
    before deciding that we don't have the device.

    Wouldn't it make sense to have eisa_driver_register() check that the
    root EISA bus actually got registered, and if not, -ENODEV
    immediately ?

    Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.018 / U:32.732 seconds]