SubjectEISA & sysfs.
I'm somewhat puzzled about the case where we have a driver
that can work on EISA bus, as well as others, when modprobe'd on
a system that doesn't have an EISA bus.

It seems we do a probe really early on to see if we actually
have an eisa bus, but if a driver later calls eisa_driver_register()
we still do lots of hoop jumping through sysfs/kobjects
before deciding that we don't have the device.

Wouldn't it make sense to have eisa_driver_register() check that the
root EISA bus actually got registered, and if not, -ENODEV
immediately ?