    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.3-rc3

    New radeonfb works better for me, with a bit of trouble, on this Compaq
    EVO N800v.

    I had troubles with powering up the display at boot, it would
    randomly work. At about 1/4 of a new boot or switching between console
    and X, the screen used to turn blank. If I blindly get into X it would
    work fine.

    With the new radeonfb, I have tested about 10 boots and the display
    seems to be working fine, no blank screen. Switching between X and
    console seems to be better (just turned into black at 1 of 10 tries)

    The problem is, If I enter X (works fine) and go back to the console,
    there are a few permenant color lines at the bottom. If I do "clear"
    or enter an ncurses based app (like midnight commander) the screen is
    garbled like interlaced.

    An example screenshot is at

    http://www.delipenguen.net/2.6.3-rc3-newradeon.png

    dmesg and config attached

    --
    Onur Kucuk Knowledge speaks,
    <onur@delipenguen.net> but wisdom listens

    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:2.414 / U:0.244 seconds]