    > When the machine locked up, it was not pingable. I connected via serial
    > console and used sysrq to sync and remount the disks readonly. I also got
    > output from sysrq+t, sysrq+p, and sysrq+m. Output is below.

    I had a lockup on 2.4.24 today, too.
    The machine was not pingable (suddenly) and all network
    access failed (NFS, SSH).
    The box had an uptime of aproximately 20 days.

    Machine is a pentium 1 75 Mhz with 48MB Ram.

    The bad things are:
    - - I have no logs. They got lost when I reset the machine.
    - - The kernel was tainted with the fritzcard dsl driver.
    But exact the same driver had uptimes of over 30 days on
    this machine several times in the past.
    - - The machine has no peripheral hardware, so I was not
    able to test sysrq, catch dmesg or something like that.

    I know, that this mail is not very helpfull, but maybe
    better than sending no mail at all. :)

    - --
    Regards Michael Buesch [ ]

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.019 / U:1.028 seconds]