    SubjectRe: kgdb support in vanilla 2.6.2
    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:56:24 -0800
    George Anzinger <george@mvista.com> wrote:

    > > Problem is that he did it without binutils support. I don't think that's a good
    > > idea because it makes the code basically unmaintainable for normal souls
    > > (it's like writing assembly code directly in hex)
    >
    > Well, bin utils, at this time, makes it even worse in that it does not support
    > the expression syntax. Also, it is not asm but dwarf2 and it is written in,
    > IMHO, useful macros (not hex :)

    The latest binutils should support .cfi_* for i386 too. I don't see much sense
    in making the code more ugly just for staying backwards compatible with older versions for the
    debug case (without CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO it should be compatible though).
    You need a fairly new gdb too anyways for it.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.018 / U:34.052 seconds]