[lkml]   [2004]   [Feb]   [11]   [last100]   RSS Feed

SubjectRe: 2.6.1-mm4
Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:46:32 +0100, "Prakash K. Cheemplavam" said:
>>Ok, here is the stack backtrace:
>>I hope it helps, otherwise I could try compiling in frame-pointers. (I
>>used another logger to get this...)
>>Is it nvidia driver doing something bad (which earlier kernels didn't do)?
>>Jan 21 19:25:39 tachyon Badness in pci_find_subsys at
>>drivers/pci/search.c:132
>>Jan 21 19:25:39 tachyon Call Trace:
>>Jan 21 19:25:39 tachyon [<c027a7f8>] pci_find_subsys+0xe8/0xf0
>>Jan 21 19:25:39 tachyon [<c027a82f>] pci_find_device+0x2f/0x40
>>Jan 21 19:25:39 tachyon [<c027a6e8>] pci_find_slot+0x28/0x50
> If this is the NVidia graphics driver, it's been doing it at least since 2.5.6something,
> at least that I've seen. It's basically calling pci_find_slot in an interrupt context,
> which ends up calling pci_find_subsys which complains about it. One possible
> solution would be for the code to be changed to call pci_find_slot during module
> initialization and save the return value, and use that instead. Yes, I know this
> prevents hotplugging. Who hotplugs graphics cards? ;)

Could you advise me how to make a dirty hack to get this going? Once
again I am back to 2.6.1-rc1 kernel, which seems to be the last one
stable for me. 2.6.3-rc1-mm1 locked up quite fast..

Perhaps it would also help to test the snapshots between rc1 and rc2 to
find out which patch borked for me... I see 6 bk versions. Are these
just incremental patches?

Prakash

the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [from the cache]