SubjectRCU question
I am working on VST code.  This code is called from the idle loop to check for
future timers. It then sets up a timer to interrupt in time to handle the
nearest timer and turns off the time base interrupt source. As part of
qualifying the entry to this state I want to make sure there is no pending work
so, from the idle task I have this:

if (local_softirq_pending())

I did not really expect to find any pending softirqs, but, not only are there
some, they don't go away and the system BUGs. The offender is the RCU task.
The question is: is this normal or is there something wrong?
George Anzinger