SubjectRE: Figuring out physical memory regions from a kernel module
On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 13:26, Hanson, Jonathan M wrote:
> [Jon M. Hanson] Even looking at the implementation of the crashdump
> code, I still encounter the same problem I've run into up until now: the
> crashdump code is a part of the kernel so it has access to all of the
> kernel's data structures and functions; as a kernel module, I'm
> hamstrung by what is exported by the kernel. I know that I can modify
> the kernel to export whatever I want but I don't want to have to do
> that. I want to be able to run my kernel module without having to patch
> the kernel itself.

There's some design effort not to expose kernel *internals* to modules.
Seems like your module requirements are different from the current
design direction of the kernel.

-- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.338 / U:0.076 seconds]