SubjectRe: IGMP packets?
I have 3 machines.  A (eth0) is connected to B (eth1) with a cross over cable and B (eth0) and C (eth0) are on a switch.  I want to forward the igmp queries and reports that A (eth1) generates when joining/leaving a multicast group on B (eth1) from B(eth0) to C (eth0).  I put the code to do this on different places such as ip_rcv, ip_route_input, etc and no luck.  The weird thing is that it works when I do a tcpdump on B's eth1.

A-(eth0)----(eth1)-B-(eth0)----(eth0)-C

Thanks.

Chris Wright <chrisw@osdl.org> wrote:

>* FoObArf00@netscape.net (FoObArf00@netscape.net) wrote:
>> I have been trying to analyze igmp packets (queries, reports) with
>> ttl of 1 ,of course, in the kernel and ran into a weird situation.
>> Only when an interface is in promiscuous mode (i.e. tcpdump), the igmp
>> packets get to ip_rcv on ip_input.c. I was wondering if someone can
>> point in the right direction on how/where to get the these packets when
>> not doing a tcpdump. Thanks
>
>Could you be more specific? Which machines are involved (e.g. IIRC the
>igmp report is not looped back locally). What do you mean by analyze in
>the kernel?
>
>thanks,
>-chris

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:2.240 / U:0.016 seconds]