SubjectRe: Proposal for a userspace "architecture portability" library
Followup to:  <>
By author: Paul Mackerras <>
In newsgroup:
> Now, clearly I can do this under the GPL. However, I think it would
> be more useful to have the library under the LGPL, which requires
> either getting the permission of the authors of the kernel files, or
> rewriting them from scratch.
> Linus (and other kernel copyright holders) - would you be willing to
> relicense such of the above files that have your copyright under the
> LGPL for this purpose?
> I'm looking for volunteers to help with porting and testing on various
> architectures. I can do x86, ppc and ppc64, and I know sparc{,64} and
> m68k assembler, but for the rest I'll need help.

I can certainly pitch in. I would personally prefer to see this under
the BSD license, (a) because it's not really that much code, and (b)
because it would let me add it to klibc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.109 / U:1.176 seconds]