SubjectLogitech PS/2 touchpad on 2.6.X not working along bottom and right sides.
And again, the previously-unforwarded-to-the-list bit.

-Andy

> Yes, you can. Booting with psmouse.proto=bare will force the touchpad
> into standard PS/2 mode. You may also try booting with
> psmouse.proto=imps and psmouse.proto=exps - maybe one of these 2 will
> give you virtual scrolling.
>
> If psmouse is compiled as a module you will have to add
>
> options psmouse proto=bare
>
> to your /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> Btw, what device/protocol are you using in X? I'd advise setting it
> to "dev/input/mice" and "ExplorerPS/2" so if your touchad is indeed
> sending scroll events X would use them. Could you post your config,
> please?

I'm using the /dev/mouse device for X with protocol 'auto'.

Here's the relevant portion of my XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

Unfortunately, I'm not currently physically at the machine (I only
have ssh access currently), so I can't try this stuff right away.
However, I will try your suggestions when I'm next at the machine
later today.

(Also, I'm now realizing that my subject for this thread was wrong, so
I've edited it a bit.)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.519 / U:0.328 seconds]